Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The High Holidays, According to Daniel Tiger

By Miriam Steinberg-Egeth for Raising Kvell

Daniel Tiger“What’s teshuvah?” my 3-year-old daughter asked as we were getting dressed for services on the first day of Rosh Hashanah and talking about the holiday.

I explained that during this time of year from Rosh Hashanah to Yom Kippur, we can change things about ourselves and how we act in the world. I said, “If you don’t like how something is going, you can turn it around.”

She thought for a moment, then her face lit up and she said, “Like Daniel Tiger says!” Before I could figure out what the heck she was talking about, she sang, “When something seems bad, turn it around and find something good.”

“Yes,” I said. “Like that. That’s what teshuvah means.”

Continue reading.


Check out Jvillage’s High Holiday+    page.


While you're at it, check out our High Holidays Holiday Spotlight Kit for ideas, crafts, recipes, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment